A Baby Registry List is a checklist of all the items that you will need when your new baby arrives. From big items like a baby crib and car seat to the smaller items like baby clothes and even diapers. Everything should go on your Baby Registry List.
This list helps you to communicate your gift preferences to your friends and family. By providing the list to your baby shower guests, family, and friends you are asking them to buy you things that you need and would use as a new mom.
There are a few websites and retail stores in Toronto and its surrounding areas that will help you create your Baby Registry List. If this all seems overwhelming, don’t worry. I’ll get to those later. For now, let’s just go step by step.
Why create a Baby Registry List?
If you have a baby shower, creating a list is a must. It will save you and your guests a lot of time. This will also stop you from ending up with multiples of bigger items like cribs or strollers.
Your decision to create a baby registry list also depends on your family and friends. I’ve heard from some new moms that all of their family members got them a gift from the list. It was beneficial for them and simplified what could be a very complicated process.
On the other hand, other new moms told me that they didn’t get any gifts from their list since all their friends and family didn’t consult it when they purchased the expecting mother clothes and toys.
The Benefits of creating a Baby Registry List
- You will receive with items you like and need as gifts.
- There’s no need to exchange gifts or ending up with store credit from multiple stores.
- The store or the website will usually give you a gift or discount when you choose to create your baby registry list with them.
Tips for creating a Baby Registry List
- Create a large registry with many different options for your friends and family to choose from.
- Include items from different price ranges. This way your guests can choose a gift within their price range or even create a gift basket.
- Confirm the delivery or shipping cost. It will be convenient to get all of the gifts directly to your door, especially the larger ones.
- Confirm the refund policy and option to exchange if you need to before adding an item to your list. This is especially true if you are adding an item that you will be used later, like a high chair.
Your options for creating a baby registry list in Toronto and in Canada
#1: Universal Baby Registry List with MyRegistry.com
Why create your Baby Registry List with myregistry.com?
- Add gifts to your Baby Registry from any store in the world that ships to Canada.
- You can sync existing store registries (for example, you can add your Babies”R”Us list that you created in store to your universal app)
- With Universal Baby registry you can combine low price items from Walmart with high brands from Dear Born Baby. You can add items from Etsy, others from IKEA and etc.
- The website offers customer service support by phone and chat.
Gift or special discount: No Gift or special discount. However, this is your best option if you really want to save money and get all the items you really like!
To create your Baby Registry List with MyRegistry site, please click here.
#2: Baby Registry List with Amazon
Why create your Baby Registry List with Amazon.ca?
- Amazon has the largest selection and carries nearly every brand and every item.
- Easy 45-Day Returns
- Universal Registry – you can add to your list items from any website online (not just Amazon).
- You can choose from a variety of brands and price range.
Gift or special discount: 10% completion discount (15% off for Prime members) on items sold by Amazon.ca in the Baby, Beauty, Grocery, Drugstore, and Toys Departments.
To create your Baby Registry List with Amazon.ca, please click here.
#3: Baby Registry List with Babies”R”Us
Why create your Baby Registry List with Babies”R”Us?
- Returns can be made up to 6 months from the registry event date (not the purchase date) with or without the original receipt.
- Easy Returns, no shipping required.
- Baby Registry App for easy browsing and editing your list
Gift or special discount:
- Get a $25 coupon when you add 25 items to your list and sign up for emails. It is $25 off when you spend $75 before tax, store only.
- 10% off remaining items on your registry list, store only.
- Baby Swag bag as a gift.
To create your Baby Registry List with Babies”R”Us Canada, please click here.
#4: Baby Registry List with Dear-Born Baby
Why create your Baby Registry List with Dear Born Baby?
- You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund.
(To be honest, I am not a big fan of this return policy, especially when it is an item to be used when the baby is a few months old).
- Dear Born Baby has all the brands and the high-quality items you would like to have. It is also a great store to have for setting up your baby’s nursery.
Gift or special discount: No Gift or special discount
To create your Baby Registry List with Dear Born Baby Store, please click here.
#5: Baby Registry List with Walmart
Why create your Baby Registry List with Walmart.ca?
- Walmart items and price range are in the low range.
- Will be a good fit if you looking to get more items from the same given budget of your guests.
Gift or special discount: No Gift or special discount
To create your Baby Registry List with Walmart Canada, please click here.
#6: Universal Baby Registry List with BabyList
Why create your Baby Registry List with BabyList?
Put anything from any store (big or small) onto one baby registry
- You can add items like home-cooked meals, second-hand baby clothes, or help walking your dog.
- Add unique gifts that you wouldn’t be able to find at a big-box store.
- You can also get Cash Gift from your friends and family (there is a 2.9% service fee).
Gift or special discount: 10% discount on items that are sold by Babylist.com.
To create your Baby Registry List with Baby List, please click here.
#7: Universal Baby Registry List with Buy Buy Baby
Buy Buy Baby is an online store operated by Bed, Bath, and Beyond Canada.
Why create your Baby Registry List with Buy Buy Baby?
- A huge selection of the most popular baby products on the market.
- Gifts can be shipped anywhere (excluding Quebec) for an additional charge.
Gift or special discount: As far as I can see, there’s no gift or special discount. I read in a few Facebook groups that there is a coupon you can get, but I couldn’t find it on their site.
To create your Baby Registry List with Buy Buy Baby please click here
If you have any experience that you would like to share with other new moms about your Baby Registry List, I would appreciate it if you could add your comment below or send me a message here.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to add your comment as well.