Congratulations! Your due date is coming soon and this is the time to work on your registry list and make sure everything will be ready for your little bundle of joy.
As a Mom to be it is hard to know what items you should have in your baby registry list, as you don’t really know what would you like or what would work for your baby. Every baby is different and also every new mom is different.
Here are a few tips to help you with your Baby Registry Checklist
Tips for creating a Baby Registry List
- Create a large registry with many different options for your friends and family to choose from.
- Include items from different price ranges. This way your guests can choose a gift within their price range or even create a gift basket.
- Confirm the delivery or shipping cost. It will be convenient to get all of the gifts directly to your door, especially the larger ones.
- Confirm the refund policy and option to exchange if you need to before adding an item to your list. This is especially true if you are adding an item that you will be used later, like a high chair.
- If you create your Baby Registry list with Amazon, you can get 10-15% off all of your items and a welcome gift. Click here to learn how
- If you create your registry list with Amazon, add to your list all items for baby’s first year. This way you can get up to 15% off all of your registry items. If you purchase in $5,000- it is $750 discount!
What items you should have in your Baby Registry List?
If you create a baby registry list, and you would like to cover all items you will be used for your baby, follow my list below and you will be covered. I added all the items that you will use during baby’s first year.
BABY REGISTRY CHECKLIST
Full Baby Registry List for Baby’s First Year – From Newborn to One-Year-Old
Baby’s Room Furniture
- Crib Mattress
- Bassinet– I’m using bassinet to keep my LO’ close to me during the night for the first 3 months
- Dresser or Changing Table
- Playard, also called pack n’ play- can also use as a bassinet or bed in your living room.
- Nursing Chair or Rocking Chair
Baby’s Room items
- Baby Monitor
- Cool Mist Humidifier
- Wipe warmer– Not a must, but definitely nice to have in the winter time.
- Changing Mat
- White Noise Machine- this one is not a must. I will wait with this one.
- Diaper Pail Disposal
Baby’s essentials products
- New Born diapers
- Diaper Cream
- Baby Lotion
- Baby Thermometer
- Infants’ Fever Reducer like Advil Infant
- Vitamin D for babies- Must have in Canada. All babies getting Vitamin D from the first week.
For the US Click here
For Canada Click here
- Pacifier for 0-6 months
- Baby Hairbrush and Baby Nail Cutter. You can also get a Healthcare & Grooming Kit
- Baby Laundry Detergent
- Stroller. I used Graco Click Connect with my first Lo’- You can read my review here. You can read my review here. For my second baby, I got the Uppababy Vista
- Car Seat. I use Graco SnugRide and I also have Diono– which you can use from newborn age.
- Car Seat Cover
- Diaper bag
- Baby Carrier. I use the Baby K’tan for the first few months and later Ergobaby OMNI 360.
You can buy Ergo baby carrier directly from Ergo store with free shipping + my readers can get 10% off any item with promo code: jo8KbuYBBM
- Nursing Bra
- Nursing Pads
- Nipple Soft Shells
- Nipple Cream
- Milk Storage Bags or Containers
- Breastfeeding Pillow
- Formula if needed
- Electric Sterilizer
- High Chair
- Baby Feeding Bowls and Spoons
- Trainer Cup
- Silicone Bibs
- Nursery Bedding Set OR buy the 3 next items separately
- Crib Bumper/Liner (choose breathable one for safety reasons)
- Crib Sheet
- Crib Skirt (optional)
- Waterproof Mattress Pad Cover
- Baby Hooded Towels
- Changing Pad Cover
- Receiving Blankets
- Baby Blanket
- Baby SleepSack
- Baby Swaddle
- Bodysuit and Pants
- Footed sleep-and-play suits
- Baby Cotton Cap and Scratch Mitten
- Teething Bibs
- Baby Socks
For the Winter time
Pin the list into your board
How to save on your baby registry list:
- If you shop at Costco, you can get Haggis diapers and wipes at the store, Vitamin D drops, Pantene diaper cream and also Carter’s baby’s clothing.
- Don’t buy more than 1 box for newborn diapers, as babies moving to size one pretty fast.
- To save money on Diapers you can subscribe to Amazon diaper subscription and save 20% on any diaper brand. This is how I buy pampers.
- Don’t buy a large package before you try the product. You don’t know for sure what will work for your LO’. Start with small packaging, and if it works well, but the economy-size package.
- Don’t but too many Newborn clothing, as babies grow up fast. Instead, buy a 0-3 size.
- Every item you buy, make sure you can refund or exchange.
- Some items like food utilities, toys and etc., you can purchase later, when the baby is around 6 months old. I purchased all of the items together to get my Amazon Baby Registry discount. It is 15% off on all baby items you add to your registry shopping list if you want to learn how to click here.
- Before you buy new items, check for used good conditions items on the Facebook marketplace or on mommy groups in your area.
- Breastpump you can rent. Check my Breastfeeding gear guide here for more information.
About the links in my list
I added links to the items I personally use with my baby and recommend. If I didn’t purchase my item on Amazon, I added a link to the most related item I found. I also checked that all the items in my links are highly recommended by Amazon reviews and also guaranteed the most value for your money. The links are also affiliated- it means that I will get a small % of some of the purchases.
If you like this post and you would like to read more content like that, please subscribe to my mailing list here